If you are still coming up with ideas for a great appetizer this weekend, then look no further than these grilled Beef and Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms. Quick, and easy to make, they pack a wallop of flavor and can be prepared in advance and grilled just before service. Using your BBQ Dragon to get your grill up to temperature and quickly stabilized is the secret ingredient to these grilled Beef and Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms!
Total recipe time: 40-50 minutes
Makes 36 – 40 mushrooms
- 1/2 pound Ground Beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 36 to 40 small button or cremini mushrooms (about 1-1/2 to 2-inch diameter)
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon steak seasoning blend
- Minced fresh chives (optional)
- Preheat and stabilize grill to 375°F. Remove and reserve stems from mushrooms. Season mushroom caps with salt; set aside. Mince stems to yield 1/2 cup; discard remaining stems.
- Combine Ground Beef, minced stems, blue cheese, bread crumbs, 3 tablespoons chives and steak seasoning. Spoon beef mixture evenly into mushrooms.
- Place stuffed mushrooms on rack in broiler pan. Roast in 375°F grill 15 to 20 minutes over indirect heat. Sprinkle with additional chives, if desired.