Want to make Chipotle Chicken Marinade just like they do at Chipotle Mexican Grill? Following these step by step instructions could not be simpler thanks to the folks at Kitchen Daily showing us how it is done!
What is great about this recipe is that you can make up the marinade a day ahead of time and let the chicken party with all the herbs and spices until you are ready to grab your BBQ Dragon and fire up the grill.
- 2 oz dried ancho chiles or dried pepper of choice
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbs fresh oregano, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red onion, quartered
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cuts of meat of choice, such as chicken or steak
- Soak dry chiles in water overnight or until soft. Discard water. Remove seeds.
- Add all ingredients except meat in food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Spread mixture over meat and refrigerate at least 1 hour, up to 24 hours.
- Heat grill to about 400 degrees, or if cooking inside heat small amount of oil in skillet or grill pan over high heat. Salt meat to taste. Grill meat about 4 minutes per side, depending upon thickness, until done.
- Serve with rice, black beans or choice of side dish. Garnish with fresh cilantro. Or serve in a burrito