These stuffed burgers really get my juices flowing! When I found the recipe here, I thought how fun it would be to fire up the grill and make these Bacon, Onion, and Cheese Stuffed Burgers this weekend if the weather looks good.
Now- I am starting to think I will make them regardless of the weather!
Stuffed Burger Ingredients
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the ground beef, salt, black pepper, barbeque sauce and garlic powder using your hands. Taking a small handful at a time (approximately 1/4 pound), shape into 12 patties. Lay patties out on a cookie sheet and cover with plastic wrap; place patties in the refrigerator.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown, about 5 minutes. Remove bacon from skillet with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Turn the heat down to medium and pan fry the onions in the remaining bacon drippings until soft and translucent and just beginning to brown. Mix together onions and bacon in a small bowl.
- Prepare a grill or large skillet for medium heat.
- As the grill heats, pull beef patties out of the refrigerator; top 6 of the patties with 1- 1/2 tablespoons of the bacon and onion mixture each, and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Top each with one of the remaining patties and press the edges together to seal.
- Grill or pan fry the stuffed and sealed patties until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve on hamburger buns with condiments of your choice.
Using a combination of charcoal, and the BBQ Dragon will add additional flavor to your stuffed burgers! What is the most outrageous thing you can think of to put inside your stuffed burger?