Grilled peaches are something I love to cook on the grill. Yes, they are delicious, but when served to friends they become an unexpected delight because most people do not think of grilled fruit as a dessert. I make my grilled peaches a little differently, but next time I will make them the way that Alaska From Scratch shows us here-
Grilled Peaches with Cinnamon Honey Butter
Do you have ripe peaches on hand? If so, I want you to slice them in half real quick and go put them on a hot grill (or in a hot grill pan on the stove, like I did). Go ahead, I’ll still be here when you get back. They only take a few minutes.
Then, I want you to go melt a couple of tablespoons of butter with some honey and cinnamon for a minute or two until it’s all hot and drizzly. While you’re at it, whip up some cream and sweeten it lightly. If you have some mint growing in your garden or in a pot nearby, grab a sprig or two.
Top the grilled peaches with whipped cream. Drizzle all of it with cinnamon honey butter. Place that sprig of mint on there tenderly like it’s a masterpiece you’ve been slaving all day over (when really it only took you ten minutes or less). Serve, consume, swoon.
A quick and delicious summer treat of grilled ripe peaches topped with lightly sweetened whipped cream and drizzled with cinnamon honey butter.
- 2-3 sweet ripe peaches, sliced in half and pits removed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- lightly sweetened whipped cream
- mint leaves (optional)
- Heat a grill pan on the stovetop (or a standard outdoor grill) over medium-high heat. Place the peach halves face down onto the grill, cooking for about 5 minutes or until nice grill marks are achieved and the peaches are warm and have softened a bit, turning the peaches 90 degrees halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, heat a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the butter, honey, and cinnamon. Cook 1-2 minutes or until melted and smooth. Keep warm until the peaches are ready.
- Put grilled peach halves onto serving plates. Top with lightly sweetened whipped cream and drizzle with cinnamon honey butter. Top with mint leaves, if using. Serve promptly.