https://bbqdragon.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/websitelogo-300x116.png 0 0 Red-Hot Charcoal https://bbqdragon.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/websitelogo-300x116.png Red-Hot Charcoal2014-05-13 03:14:032014-05-13 03:14:03Grilled Watermelon Salad
Grilled Watermelon Salad
- watermelon (red and yellow seedless, cut into 3″ by 1″ rectangles)
- goat cheese
- arugula (wild, washed well and dried)
- spring onions (sliced paper thin on mandolin and put in ice water)
- lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- balsamic reduction (balsamic vinegar reduced over low heat until syrupy)
- basil oil, (quickly blanch basil, squeeze out excess with a towel, then blend with grape seed oil and strain through coffee filter)
- Preheat grill.
- Lightly season both color watermelon (one of each color per person) with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill the watermelon for 30 second then flip and grill other side for 30 seconds until you get nice grill marks but the watermelon will not be to hot in the center.
- Set to the side while quickly preparing the salad.
- In a mixing bowl combine (per person) a handful of arugula, a couple pieces of spring onion, a squeeze of lemon juice and a splash of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- For each salad cut each watermelon into three square pieces and alternate them on a plate with the goat cheese balls.
- Place the dressed arugula salad in the center of each plate.
- Drizzle the basil oil & balsamic reduction over the watermelon and goat cheese.
Level of Difficulty: