Just a heads up, this recipe from Thanksgiving has been updated for even more flavor! Try with turkey, chicken, and other poultry! And why wait till Thanksgiving, toss a bird on the grill this weekend!
It’s Turkey Time! Which means it’s time for a quick and easy flavor tip for your Thanksgiving Turkey! What could be better than using your BBQ Dragon Injector with a quick and easy marinade? And, the BBQ Dragon Injector would be one awesome Christmas gift by the way! As would anything from the BBQ Dragon Shop. But, before we get to the marinade, there are a few features of the BBQ Dragon Injector that are actually AMAZING marinade injection tips!
Marinade Injection Needle Tips!
Select the Needle for the Marinade! Not all marinades are the same, especially when it comes to using an injector! Some are mostly liquid with spices that breakdown and dissolve when mixed with moisture. Others are packed with lightly ground seasonings and spices that can clog up an injector needle. Needle selection is important! Here’s where BBQ Dragon shines! The BBQ Dragon Injector comes with three needles that cover all types of meats as well as different types of marinades.
- STEAK NEEDLE: BBQ Dragon’s Monster Flavor Injector is the best way to pump your meat full of flavor. It comes with three different needle options. At three inches long, the steak needle is designed for injecting thin cuts of meat with flavor or marinade. Boost the flavor in your chicken breasts, steaks, pork chops, and other thin cuts of meat.
- LIQUID MARINADES: Use the six-inch specialized twelve-hole needle for liquid only marinades like broth, butter, or whiskey to name a few. Fully submerge all of the holes to fill the two-ounce injector barrel with marinade. Plunge the needle deep into the meat and slowly depress the plunger. Keep injecting marinade until it begins leaking from the injection holes in the meat.
- CHUNKY MARINADES: To inject thicker or slightly chunky marinade, use the six-inch specialized angle-cut needle. This needle is ideal for marinades like pesto or jerk seasonings that are thick or have small chunks. To avoid excessive injection holes, insert the needle at different angles to inject your marinade.
Now it’s time for the easiest Turkey Marinade ever! Chances are you have all of these ingredients on hand. If not, everything is available at any grocery store so don’t worry about having to hit a specialty store.
Sweet, Hot, and Spicy Turkey Marinade
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 3 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter.
Directions: Mix everything in a bowl and warm slightly in a microwave to melt butter and blend flavors. Stir to mix, and stir to mix every time you pull the marinade into your injector. Inject your turkey in the breasts, thighs, back, legs, and thighs. Use some of the marinade mixture to brush on the outside of your turkey and squirt any remaining into the turkey cavity.
Author Bio: Kent Whitaker, also known as “The Deck Chef,” is an award-winning culinary writer and cookbook author. He’s also penned Young Reader, NASCAR and History titles. The former winner of the Emeril Live Food Network Barbecue Contest also covers football, motorsports, and bass fishing. Kent currently lives in East Tennessee with his wife, son, and a couple of dogs that love when he fires up the smoker or grill. You can reach out to Kent at www.thedeckchef.com, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.